Hello and Welcome to Willow class webpage.
In Willow class PE is on a Tuesday and Thursday, so your child will need their PE kit in a named bag hanging on their peg. We try to go outside when the weather is dry, so as well as a pair of shorts and a t-shirt, your child will also need a pair of jogging bottoms or leggings, they will need plimsols or trainers to run around in.
Forest School happens fortnightly on a Wednesday for Willow class. This term this will be on 27th April, 11th and 25th May, 15th and 29th June and 13th July . Your child will need a warm change of clothing that you don't mind getting muddy, a pair of wellies or old trainers, a waterproof coat and a spare bag for muddy boots.
We visit the school library on a Tuesday lunchtime. Please encourage your child to share their book with you at home and return it to school each week to be changed. They can choose either a fiction or non-fiction book.
Homework is given out on a Friday in a named folder and needs to be returned to school the following Thursday at the latest.
If you have any questions please feel free to speak to Mrs Mountney, Mrs Foster, Mrs Horn or Mrs Dutton.
This week was Feeling Good Week and the children have enjoyed a wide range of activities from yoga to street dance to designing a smoothie.
Samuel Pepys’ Fire Cakes
333g of self raising flour
166g caster sugar
333g of currants
2 tbsp milk
2 egg yolks
a pinch of nutmeg
2 tbsp water
icing sugar to sprinkle on top
- Preheat an oven to 200˚c
- Mix the flour and sugar together in a large bowl.
- Add the currants and mix.
- Melt the butter, pour it into the bowl and stir.
- Then add the milk, egg yolks and nutmeg and beat.
- Finally add the water and mix well to a paste.
- Put a spoonful of the mixture onto a baking tray or into cake cases.
- Cook for 15 minutes, then sprinkle with icing sugar and leave to cool on a wire rack.