Welcome to Birch class
The adults in our class:
Mrs Peacock, Teacher
Miss Burtenshaw, Teaching Assistant
Mrs Murphy, Teacher (Wednesdays)
- We have PE on a Tuesday morning and Thursday afternoon. Please make sure you child has a PE kit in school (t-shirt, shorts, plimsolls). We do PE outside when the weather is dry, so you may also wish to send some jogging bottoms or leggings and trainers.
- Please bring a bookbag every day. Reading books can be changed in the mornings, there is a sticker in the front of the reading record which says which colour book to choose.
- Try to read every day and write a comment in the reading record. Every time your child reads at home they will get a special stamp. Homework is given out every Friday in a homework folder. Please try to return the completed homework by Wednesday, so it can be marked.
- Library is on a Friday. Your child can choose a fiction or non-fiction book to borrow every week.
- Forest School happens fortnightly usually on a Tuesday; this term the sessions will be - 2nd May, 16th May, 6th June, 20th June, 4th July, 18th July. Your child will need a warm change of clothes (layers are good) that you don't mind getting muddy, a pair of wellies or old trainers, a waterproof coat and a spare bag for dirty boots, all of which needs to be in a bag on your child's peg. Look out for the Forest School poster in the classroom window.
This half-term our topic is 'The Rainforest'.
English: We will be reading Creation stories and writing our own.
Maths: We will adding and subtracting large numbers outside.
Science: We will be learning about the layers of the rainforest.
Dates for your diary
3.7.17 Open evening in school 5:30-7pm
12.7.17 Year 2 performances 1:30pm & 6pm
13.7.17 Transition day (Year 2 to Wilshere Dacre)