Hello and welcome to Oak class page
In Oak class PE is on a Tuesday and Wednesday, so your child will need their PE kit in a named bag hanging on their peg. We try to go outside when the weather is dry, so as well as a pair of shorts and a t-shirt, your child will also need a pair of jogging bottoms or leggings, they will need plimsols or trainers to run around in.
Forest School happens fortnightly on a Monday for Oak class. This term this will be on Tuesday 26th April, 9th and 16th May, 13th and 27th June and 9th July . Your child will need a warm change of clothing that you don't mind getting muddy, a pair of wellies or old trainers, a waterproof coat and a spare bag for muddy boots.
We visit the school library on a Tuesday lunchtime. Please encourage your child to share their book with you at home and return it to school each week to be changed. They can choose either a fiction or non-fiction book.
Homework is given out on a Friday in a named folder and needs to be returned to school the following Thursday at the latest.
Show and tell is on Thursday, we would like to encourage children to bring in things to show which are about our topic.
If you have any questions please feel free to speak to Miss Wills, Miss Burtenshaw or Mrs Dutton.
Make Samuel Peyps' delicious fire cakes with this recipe.
Samuel Pepys’ Fire Cakes
333g of self raising flour
166g caster sugar
333g of currants
2 tbsp milk
2 egg yolks
a pinch of nutmeg
2 tbsp water
icing sugar to sprinkle on top
- Preheat an oven to 200˚c
- Mix the flour and sugar together in a large bowl.
- Add the currants and mix.
- Melt the butter, pour it into the bowl and stir.
- Then add the milk, egg yolks and nutmeg and beat.
- Finally add the water and mix well to a paste.
- Put a spoonful of the mixture onto a baking tray or into cake cases.
- Cook for 15 minutes, then sprinkle with icing sugar and leave to cool on a wire rack.